Want to know how to make an Easy Tomato Soup Recipe?
We are introducing a new recipe feature here at “Deal” ectible Mommies. We want to bring you easy to make,tasty and money saving recipes that you can cook for your family. We have quite a few food allergies and dietary preferences in our family (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and some people can eat anything)! So we will always try and let you know which dietary requirements are catered for in these recipes.
This is a very Easy Tomato Soup recipe. This recipe is Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan and Dairy Free (leave out the cream)!
2lb 8oz ripe fresh tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 small carrot
1 celery stick
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp of tomato paste
1 tsp of sugar
2 bay leaves
5 Cups of hot Vegetable Stock ( made with your favorite stock cube )
1. Wash the fresh tomatoes. Cut into quarters and discard any hard cores. Peel the onion and carrot. Wash the celery stalks and chop them into small pieces.
2. Put the olive oil into a large heavy based saucepan. Heat gently. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and just starting to change color.
3. Add the tomato paste to the vegetables and stir in the pan. Add the fresh tomatoes. Add the sugar, black pepper and bay leaves. Put a lid on the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. During this time keep the lid on but shake the pan a few times to keep the ingredients well mixed.
4. Add the stock. Stir and then cook for 25 minutes on a low heat.
5. Take the pan off the heat. Don’t forget to remove the bay leaves! Add the soup mixture to a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds to desired consistency. You can also use a stick blender.
6. Return to the pan and gently reheat.
7. You can garnish with a sprig of basil, top with croutons or add a swirl of cream (omit for vegans and dairy free)