With the Choose Your Perfect Combination special, guests have the option to choose from among five seafood classics, including Jumbo Gulf Shrimp, Fresh Water Tilapia, Atlantic Salmon, Alaskan Halibut or Crab Cakes. Guests can choose two for $19.95 or three for $24.95.
And, through a new partnership with the Rachael Ray Show, diners can save even more by using a coupon for 20% off any entrée. Here’s an insider tip for big savings on the Choose Your Perfect Combination special: Choose three for $24.95 and add on the North Atlantic Lobster Tail upgrade for $3.00. Apply the 20% Off Coupon, and you’re feasting on three types of fresh seafood for $22.95!
To help diners get the most out of their seafood experience, McCormick & Schmick’s has paired a list of Seafood Fun Facts with Top Tips for Enjoying Seafood from the “King of Seafood,” Chef Bill King!
Seafood Fun Facts
Did you know . . .
· National Seafood Month was started in the 1940s by the National Fisheries Institute. It originally started out as a week-long event, but evolved into a month-long celebration in the 1950s.
· Shrimp is America’s favorite seafood, followed by salmon and tuna (Ahi, Yellow Fin or other fresh tuna).* At McCormick & Schmick’s restaurants nationwide, diners feast on approximately 515, 000 pounds of shrimp and 470,000 pounds of salmon each year.
· This October, McCormick & Schmick’s guests will have the option to choose both shrimp and salmon (or other seafood varieties) with the Choose Two for $19.95 or Choose Three for $24.95 promotion.
· Interestingly enough, it’s the same three types of seafood that are eaten most often at home, with canned tuna replacing fresh tuna as the second runner-up for home-cooked meals.
· Nearly 50 percent of Americans are more likely to eat seafood while dining out as opposed to cooking at home. In fact, on average, nearly 10 million meals are served at McCormick & Schmick’s each year.
· The American Heart Association and USDA dietary guidelines recommend eating seafood at least twice a week. Yet, the vast majority of Americans, 86.7 percent, have seafood only once per week or less.
· In the U.S. in 2008, we consumed 16 pounds of seafood per person, down 0.3 pounds from 2007.
Tips for Enjoying Seafood from The King of Seafood, Chef Bill King..
· When pairing seafood, pay attention to flavors and textures. Some of the best seafood combinations to try are halibut with shrimp and salmon with crab cakes.
· If you want a lighter, healthy option, you can always request any seafood “simply grilled” at McCormick & Schmick’s. During October’s promotion, the halibut, salmon and shrimp specials will all be simply grilled to perfection. Just a squeeze of lemon juice is enough to enhance the natural flavors of the seafood.
· Think seafood and cheese don’t go together? Then you haven’t tried McCormick & Schmick’s Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia served with capers and lemon butter sauce. Delicate and flavorful.
· When ordering crab cakes, ask your server about the ratio of crab to filler. A good crab cake should be mostly crab.
· When pairing wine with seafood, you don’t have to go with whites every time. In fact, many varieties of seafood pair better with red varietals. For example, try ordering a glass of Pinot Noir to go with salmon.
· When it doubt, ask your server. They know what’s fresh that day, the origin of the seafood and they’ve usually tried everything on the menu, so they can help with tough ordering decisions.
· Chef King’s personal seafood favorites:
o Chilean Sea Bass
o Whole Dungeness Crab
o Sole Parmesan
o Ahi, lightly seared
Chef Bill King is the Vice President of Culinary Development & Training for McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants. He is also the author of the McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant Cookbook and A Chef’s Bounty.
Visit www.McCormickandSchmicks.com for additional information and restaurant locations.
In honor of National Seafood Month, McCormick and Shmick’s would like to offer one lucky “Deal”ectible Mommies reader a chance to win a $25 Gift Card!!! Just tell me what your favorite kind of seafood is and your entered to win!
Extra Entries: The initial entry MUST be completed before any extra entries will count!! All Extra Entries will be left in the “comment” section of this post! Each comment counts as 1 entry..so if you qualify for two entries, then leave two comments!!!
1. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway
You can copy and paste this into twitter:
Win a $25 McCormick and Shmick’s Gift Card from @dealectiblemom!
Already following me on twitter? Send out the above tweet and you just earned yourself an entry.. drop me a comment and let me know!
3. *2 Entries* Follow “Deal”ectible Mommies…You can Follow My Blog on my sidebar..hint: It’s at the very top!
4. Blog about this giveaway (please leave a link to the post)
5. Grab my button!
6. *2 Entries* Follow McCormick and Shmick’s on Twitter
7. *2 Entries* Become a fan of McCormick and Shmick’s on Facebook
The boring stuff: Open to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Giveaway will end on October 29th at Midnight! Winner will be chosen using random.org!
Giveaway Disclaimer: Our giveaway sponsors are responsible for shipping and fulfillment of any winnings here at “Deal”ectible Mommies. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of any prizes won!