Creating the perfect nursery can be quite the chore, especially if your anything like me, which could be seen as a catastrophe waiting to happen. However, I prefer to deem it “design challenged”. From the perfect bedding and the right pain color to that well researched diaper pail and butt paste, parents everywhere find calm in the perfect space that they’ve created for their perfect little bundle of joy!
The right essentials are key to a perfect nursery. Without a changing table, diaper rash cream and other essentials like wipes and Q-tips, there’s not much need to spend any time in that “perfect space” that you’ve created. That’s why Q-tips Cotton Swabs and Celebrity Designer, Wendy Bellissimo have teamed up to create Q-tips Baby Packs. The new Q-tips Baby Packs are a functional nursery essential in designer boxes that are cute enough to keep in baby’s room! Their small and compact enough to keep on the changing table or dresser, packed with plenty of Q-tips (285 ct) and even feature a sliding drawer for easy access.
The best part is they retail for only $3.19 and are available at Target and Walmart Stores nationwide! The new Q-tips Baby Packs are available in two nursery animal designs and when you see how adorable these are, you’ll never want to put your Q-tips away again.
Here’s some amazing design tips to create the perfect nursery from Celebrity Designer, Wendy Bellissimo:
1. Be Your Own Designer: Go through magazines, catalogs and visit baby & furniture stores to see the looks available. Choose a style that feels most natural to you so the nursery can become an extension of your home. Then create your own book or board of clippings, fabric samples and photos for inspiration. Start the design process well before your due date so that you have time to relax before the baby’s arrival.
2. Save the Paint for Last: Select your nursery furniture and fabric before you paint. It is easy to find a paint shade to match your furniture/fabrics and not always the other way around. Keep in mind, furniture and fabrics do not all need to match – a great mix of textures that complement each other can add a truly custom, “designer” feel.
3. Don’t Sacrifice Style for Functionality: It is easy to create a beautiful, organized space in the nursery to care for your baby (without the piles of diapers and a mess of toiletries). Place a basket or fabric covered box (from an arts & crafts or paper store) on the changing table or shelf above and fill with diapers, Vaseline® petroleum jelly, diaper cream and rubbing alcohol. One nursery essential you won’t have to hide is the new Q-tips® Baby Pack! They are available in two adorable nursery animal designs and are functional (with a new sliding drawer that keeps Q-tips® cotton swabs protected for baby) so they can always be within arm’s reach.
4. Add a Personal Touch: Give your nursery a personal touch by adding framed covers of your favorite childhood books or classic black & white or sepia photos of you and your significant other when you were babies.
5. Create A Sleepy Time Sanctuary: We all need our beauty rest, so it is important to create an environment that’s peaceful for your baby to sleep. Create a calming atmosphere with soothing colors and softer tones rather than bright or harsh colors. Then, use accents to add pops of color without being too overwhelming. Be careful not to make the room too dark or too quiet at nap time. This way your child will be able to fall asleep in any environment, which is great when you are traveling or when new siblings arrive! You can also play soft, soothing music or lullabies to help the baby fall asleep.
6. Room to Grow: Choose design options that can grow with your child – consider color palette, furniture style, storage options and a play/reading area. Look for a dresser with drawers and cabinets, rather than a standard changing table and simply secure a changing pad on top. Once your child outgrows diapers, you will have a beautiful piece of furniture with drawers for clothing and cabinets for toys that are within reach for your child.
7. X vs. Y: Not finding out the sex of your baby? No worries! Design a gender-neutral nursery with yellow, green, white or crème and simply add touches of blue or pink accessories when the baby arrives – these simple changes can be made to anything from the receiving blanket to the changing pad. These color options also give you the flexibility to use the bedding over again for a new sibling.
8. To Theme or Not to Theme: Nursery themes such as safari, princess or transportation are a great way to create a fun, lighthearted statement. A themed nursery can still be done tastefully if the items are selected in moderation. For example, if you are doing a safari-style mural, keep bedding and fabrics neutral so the room doesn’t look overdone.
9. Accessorize: A few must-have accessories for any nursery are books, books and more books! You can also add a silver piggy bank and a few irresistibly soft stuffed animals that will quickly become your child’s best friends! Even my celebrity clients still go for the traditional accessories – they bring us all back to that magical time of childhood.
10. The Essentials: When designing your nursery (large or small), you should always keep these essentials in mind – a crib, rocker, changing table/dresser, light dimmer switch and books within the little one’s reach. If you do not have enough space for a bookcase, a basket for the floor will do the trick perfectly. Your little one will be crawling around before you know it and handing you their favorite book at bedtime
One “Deal”ectible Mommies reader will WIN a “Perfect Nursery” product pack that includes the following:
– 2 Q-tips Baby Packs (one of each design)
– Chic Silver Elephant Bank to display in baby’s room
Just fill out the form below and your entered to win!
Extra Entries: The initial entry MUST be completed before any extra entries will count!! All Extra Entries will be left in the “comment” section of this post! Each comment counts as 1 entry..so if you qualify for two entries, then leave two comments!!!
1. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway
You can copy and paste this into twitter:
Win a Perfect Nursery Gift Pack from Q-tips, Wendy Bellissimo & @dealectiblemom!
2. Fan “Deal”ectible Mommies on Facebook!
4. Follow “Deal”ectible Mommies…You can Follow My Blog on my right-hand sidebar!
5. Blog about this giveaway (please leave a link to the post)
6. Grab our button!
The boring stuff: Open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway will end on February 7th at Midnight! Winner will be chosen using random.org!
Review Disclaimer: I was provided with a “Perfect Nursery” Product Pack to facilitate this post. My thoughts and opinions remain my own!
Giveaway Disclaimer: Our sponsors are responsible for prize fulfillment. Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery, although we hope it’s right away!