We recently received 3 bottles of New Rosarita Salsa accompanied by a few recipes. You all know I’m not so big on cooking, but the Salsa looked delicious and there was a really, really easy recipe for Chicken Enchiladas Verde and I had to give it a shot! I followed the recipe but added a bit of “lazy mama” improvising using a roasted chicken purchased at Safeway rather than cooking my own…I know, I know…genius!
The result: OMG! Simply the BEST Enchiladas Verde I have had to date. Combining Rosarita Medium Salsa Verde and a little bit of “Lazy mama” improvising, simply resulted in an award winning recipe! This recipe beat the restaurants by far and I put the enchiladas together in just a few minutes. We used the Rosarita Medium Salsa Verde and for those of you with spicy palettes, this is right up your alley…it was spicy! Too spicy for the kids but the flavor was amazing and hands down the best I’ve had to date!
Recipe for Enchiladas Verde:
PAM Original No-stick cooking spray
1 jar (16.75 oz.) Rosarita Medium Salsa Verde, divided
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 cup of the salsa over bottom of dish; set aside.
- Combine chicken, 1/2 cup of the salsa and 1/2 cup of the cheese in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Heat one at a time in skillet over medium-high heat on both sides until slightly puffy and softened.
- Top each tortilla evenly with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Cover with the remaining salsa; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
The New Rosarita Salsa’s come in 3 authentic, made in Mexico flavors including the following:
- Mild Salsa Mexicana – a mild Mexican salsa
- Medium Salsa Verde – a zesty, green salsa
- Hot Salsa Taquera – a hot, spicy Mexican taco salsa
The New Rosarita Salsa’s are only available in 4 cities right now – LA, Dallas, Phoenix and Denver. However, since the 1940’s, Rosarita refried beans have been the best selling brand in the US and I can only guess that with the amazing taste of their new Salsa line, these will hit stores nationally very soon (fingers crossed)!
I’ll leave you with another rockin’ recipe, using Rosarita’s best selling refried beans and Rosarita Salsa!
Recipe for Chicken Tostadas:
2 cups of canned Rosarita refried beans
2 packages tostadas (6-inch diameter)
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup Queso Fresco (fresh Mexican cheese)
1 large, firm ripe avocado, pared, pitted, sliced
½ cup sour cream
- Heat refried beans
- Spread onto tostadas
- Apply thin layer of shredded chicken
- Top with thin layer of lettuce
- Top with salsa
- Sprinkle cheese/garnish with cream and avocados
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Rosarita and received a sample to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”