This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I think of Hormel Chili and Dinty Moore, I think of my childhood! Hormel Chili and a variety of Dinty Moore Cans lined our pantry and my mother being the amazing cook that she is, could create an entire meal inspired by just one of these cans. It seems that many families before our’s have done the same. In fact since 1935 Dinty Moore and hormel have lined American’s pantries and with good reason. Now, 75 years later, these two products have become pop culture icons and remain leading brands.
Remaining popular for 75 years, of course, proved to be no small feat. In the 30’s the brands incorporated celebrities to promote the brands, such as characters Jiggs and Maggie from “Bringing up Father” and later in the 60’s and 70’s a lumberjack was introduced who proclaimed “First name’s Dinty, last names Moore”! In the 80’s, many of you may remember professional football player, Fran Tarkenton, promoted Hormel Chili as an official training table food. Other celebrities to endorse the brands included George Burns, Gracie Allen and Ray Milland to name a few. Using celebrities has proved successful for both Dinty Moore and Hormel and there’s a long line of American nostalgia to follow through the years. What started out as just one product per brand has turned into a line of over 20 products!
Our family uses these staple foods in many of our meals and I’m sure your family is doing the same. In fact, you’ll find us making California Turkey Wraps using Hormel Natural Choice Honey Deli Turkey quite often. It’s a quick lunch or dinner that will take you less than 15 minutes to complete, requires no cooking and proves to be a healthy meal for the entire family!
California Turkey Wraps
- 4 MANNY’S® 9 inch Value Pack Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 (9-ounce) package Hormel® Natural Choice® Honey Deli Turkey
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced and drizzled with 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or arugula
- Lay tortillas on clean surface; drizzle each with 1 tablespoon dressing. Layer each tortilla with equal amounts turkey, tomato, cucumber, avocado, sprouts and spinach. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Roll up tortillas tightly; cut in half diagonally. Secure each half with wooden pick.
Looking for more delicious recipes incorporating America’s favorite brands, Dinty Moore and Hormel? Visit www.hormelrecipes.com to find hundreds of recipes for easy and quick meals you can make right at home, in just a few minutes! I’m thinking that Chili Cheese Dip could put a great big smile on this mama’s face! You’ll also find a list of Gluten-free recipes, which seems to be hard to come by these days.
Happy 75th Anniversary Hormel Chili & Dinty Moore!
Now if I can just get my mom to come over and cook!