We recently had the opportunity to work with CSN Baby, a site filled with all things baby! From strollers and car seats, to diaper bags and bibs, CSN Baby has just about everything parents are looking for when shopping for baby or baby to be!
Big Pea is nearly six now and I’ve began to look at booster seats for the occasional trip with grandma or in dad’s car. Britax is a trusted brand and we have used Britax car seats for years now, so the Britax Parkway booster seat seemed to be the obvious decision when choosing a booster seat. At the time I ordered, CSN was running a 20% off Britax promo and I was able to score the Britax Parkway in Onyx for just $99 Shipped…I was thrilled!
When the seat arrived, I quickly unpacked it and told Big Pea to give it a try. Now I must say that the booster seats are certainly not as comfy as the car seats they are used, however she seemed to love it, so mom was happy with our decision. I do want to point out that booster seats are for children that weigh at least 40 lbs and booster seats are not as safe as a five-point harness system, however for many parents this is a great option for older children who take frequent trips with family, as you do not have to take a large car seat in and out of the car and I can tell you first hand, this is quite the chore.
Britax Parkway Features:
– True Side Impact Protection® distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, contains the head and body, and keeps the head, neck and spine aligned, to limit injury
– SlideGuard™ works with the vehicle safety belt to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact, thus minimizing the risk of abdominal injury
– Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner absorbs and distributes crash forces
– Quick-Adjust Head Restraint easily adjusts the head restraint for a more comfortable fit and enhanced safety
– Higher forward-facing booster seat capacity allows older children to remain in a belt positioning booster to 120 lbs
– Armrests help provide a secure fit and a comfortable place to rest tired arms
– Retractable cup holders are designed to hold sippy cups, soda cans and water bottles
– High density comfort foam provides and extra layer of padding to gently cushion the child
– Great for 3-across seating in many of today’s mid and smaller sized vehicles
– Color-coded vehicle belt guides indicate the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt
– Removable back easily converts to a backless booster while maintaining safety of SlideGuard™ seat belt anchor
– Durable and washable cover
– 120 lb belt positioning booster
– For children 38 – 63 inches tall; 40 to 120 lbs
As far as booster seats go, the Britax Parkway seems to have almost everything your looking for, however this system does not have LATCH capabilities. This booster seat is used with a seat belt only and cannot be anchored into the car. The headrest can be easily adjusted and there’s retractable cup holders that Big Pea thinks are fabulous! This back of the booster can be removed so that parents can use this as a backless booster if needed and it is narrow enough to accommodate 3 of these in a single row, for parents traveling with 3 or more children. The cover is washable, which is always a welcome surprise and staying with the true tradition of booster seats, it’s very simple to take in and out.
Overall it’s a good all around booster seat that fits within most families budgets and it’s from Britax…need I say more? I would like to see a little more padding around this seat, as it just seems a bit uncomfortable to me and I would have felt much better had it came with LATCH capabilities.
The Britax Parkway SG comes in multiple colors including Matrix, Onyx, Sesame and Pink! You can purchase the Britax Parkway at CSN Baby and use code: CARSEAT20 to receive 20% off!
Disclaimer: CSN provided me with a gift certificate to facilitate my review. My thoughts and opinions remain my own!