Reviews

“Deal”ectible Mommies Ridiculously Easy and Awesome Stuffing Recipe

FacebookTwitterPinterestAmazon Wish ListShare

If you have been a long time reader here, you know by now that I don’t really cook. I don’t like to cook, I wish I didn’t have to cook and to be quite honest, I would rather clean a toilet or fold smelly socks! When I do cook, I like simple and easy.  So, with Thanksgiving staring me down, I decided I would try my hand at making stuffing. Yea, you know that *stuff that you stuff* inside the turkey?

I was certain it would be a complete disaster.

I even called mom before I began.

Mom informed me that her “homemade” stuffing that she has been making for like a bazillion years, was basically the recipe that was on the back of the stuffing mix box with some added ingredients…..*tear*.

So I began….

Before I share my super awesome – could have been a disaster – stuffing recipe, there’s a few things you need to know.

First, you have to use Swanson’s Chicken Broth because it it brings out the flavor in the stuffing and it’s 100% natural, 100% Fat Free, with no MSG added! Plus it contains 33% less sodium! I also recommend using Mrs. Cubbison’s Classic Seasoned Dressing mix…because it’s like the only box your going to find at the grocery store anyways and right now it’s on every single isle of the grocery store. So make it easy on yourself and just grab a box..k?

“Deal”ectible Mommies Ridiculously Easy and Awesome Stuffing Recipe

2-6 oz bags of Mrs. Cubbison’s Seasoned Dressing
1 Cup (2 sticks) melted butter or margarine
1 Cup Celery,, chopped
1 Cup Onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
1 Handful of dried cranberries
1/2 Mild Sausage Roll (cooked ahead of time)
Seasonings (use your own discretions here): Sage, Garlic Powder, Pepper, Thyme and Salt (not too much).

Sautee’ vegetable in butter or margarine until transparent. Combine dressing, vegetables and sausage. Stir in chicken broth slowly. Blend lightly and spoon into a 2 1/2 or 3 quart greased casserole dish. Bake covered 30 minutes at 350 deg. Remove cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, for a crisper top.

Now your done! So Eat!

Disclaimer: I was compensated for my time in writing this post. My thoughts and opinions remain my own!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply jeanine p November 24, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Oh I can’t wait to make stuffing tomorrow ! yummy !
    Jeanine
    jeanine p´s last blog post ..Win It Wednesday Link up your Giveaway with my NEW Linky or enter some!

• Reply Shannon November 24, 2010 at 2:43 pm

That looks tasty! I never thought of the craisins in there but yeah that would be good! I am not a from scratch cooker so going to try this for Christmas when I have to pitch in. :)

• Reply Lindsey November 24, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I’ve never made stuffing from scratch but this just may be the year for it! That doesn’t look too hard and I think I have all the ingredients. Homemade is ALWAYS best. :) Thanks for the recipe!

• Reply Sarah S. November 24, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I’ve always been a stove top girl, but this sounds really yummy!

• Reply Stefani November 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I have never made my own stuffing, but might try next year.

• Reply Barbara Platt November 26, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I have never thought about adding dried cranberries
    but it sounds good. Never heard of Mrs. Cubbison’s Seasoned Dressing before, have to check it out. Love using Swanson Chicken Broth.
    Looks like you did a great job.

• Reply jennydecki November 26, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Sounds tasty! I like to slave over my great-grandmother’s recipe, but when I’m done beating myself up and sweating to death for hours every year, I’ll def. try this!!

• Reply JulieD November 27, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Stuffing is one of my favorite things at Thanksgiving and I love Swanson broth too!
    JulieD´s last blog post ..Holiday Recipe Exchange- Bread and Celery Stuffing

• Reply Karen November 27, 2010 at 4:05 pm

That really does look easy to prepare.
    Karen´s last blog post ..10 For 10 Auction- RVQ BBQ Grill

• Reply Stacie @ The Divine Miss Mommy November 27, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Sounds delicious!
    Stacie @ The Divine Miss Mommy´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday – Missing Fall with LINKY