The holidays are by far my favorite time of year and although I look forward to the gatherings and the presents (woo hoo!), I dread stepping on the scale afterwards! It’s nearly impossible to skip a piece of Texas Sheet cake or Peanut Butter Pie on Christmas day, and this year I’ll be making my desserts and appetizers a little healthier by using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter rather than regular butter.
– I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter contains 2 grams of saturated fat….butter contains 7!
– I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter contains 0mg of Cholesterol….butter contains 30!
– I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter contains 8 grams of fat per serving….butter contains 11!
– I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is an excellent source of Omega-3, containing 460 mg per serving!
– It’s as close to tasting like butter as your going to get!
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter offers a variety of products including tubs, sticks, sprays and even a squeeze bottle. There’s even a Fat Free version, a light version and a calcium enriched version. Seems like they really thought of it all and they have offered consumers multiple ways to incorporate a healthier option into their everyday diets, or for us….”better for you” holiday baking! Read below for some awesome holiday recipes using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and spread the healthy cheer….
Ultimate Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
– 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 cup (2 sticks) I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
– 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped*
– 6 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped*
– 1/2 cup EACH dried cranberries and coarsely chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with sugars in large bowl with electric mixer or wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate, cranberries and pecans.
Drop mixture by 1/4-cupfuls, 3 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11 minutes or until edges just begin to set. Do not over bake; cookies will firm as they cool. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use semi-sweet or white chocolate chips instead chopped chocolate.
Raisins or dried cherries may be substituted in place of dried cranberries.
Tip: For best results, bake one sheet at a time in the center of the oven.
Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
– 2 lbs. large mushrooms (about 2-in. ea.)
– 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread
– 1/3 cup chopped onion
– 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
– 1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
– 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2-1/2 oz.)
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
– 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
– 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
– 1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 400°. Remove and chop mushroom stems.
Melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushroom stems and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. In medium bowl, pour mushroom mixture over bread crumbs. Stir in cheeses, parsley, vinegar and pepper.
Arrange mushroom caps on baking sheet, then sprinkle with salt. Evenly spoon mushroom mixture into mushroom caps. Bake 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and golden.
Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned product for review, along with a kitchen gift pack. My thoughts and opinions remain my own!