We recently shared Global Green USA’s Green School Makeover Competition with you, where one Grand Prize Winner will receive a green school makeover for their school, and four runner-ups will each receive $2,500 towards “greening” their school! It wasn’t until recently that I realized what a big difference could be made for both the environment and the students, when a school goes green, including:
– Improved Student Performance
– Better Health
– More Money for Student Resources
– Reduced Carbon FootPrint
– Water Conservation
– Fostering Future Environmental Awareness
Thanks to Pureology, you still have the chance to “Green Your School” in Global Green USA’s Green School Makeover Competition! From now until September 30, 2011, you can visit www.Pureology.com/greenschools and submit photos or a video of your school, along with a short essay for your chance to Win!
A few ideas to get you started:
– Create a recycling program
– Conduct an “energy audit” to determine ways energy can be saved
– Install energy-efficient light bulbs and solar shades to improve natural daylighting of classrooms
– Switch to eco-friendly cleaning products
– Plant an outdoor garden
– Replace outdated or unsafe paints and carpets with new, non-toxic ones
– Serve healthy, organic or local foods in your school cafeteria
What are you waiting for? Enter your school now at www.pureology.com/greenschools.
Disclaimer: I was compensated for my time in writing this post. My thoughts and opinions remain my own.