Do you ever think about your eyes? To be quite honest my eyes aren’t something that I spend a lot of time thinking about, other then when I’m inserting and removing my contact lenses each day. I was surprised to find out that over 30 Million (GASP!) Americans currently have an uncorrected visual impairment that is affecting their quality of living and one in four children have a vision problem that interferes with learning. You’ve heard it said before that a yearly eye exam is important, however with statistics like these, it seems that many Americans are not listening to this sound advice. It is for this reason, that the Think About Your Eyes campaign was introduced and they have recently introduced a fun, new contest to get folks to think about their eye health!
The Think About Your Eyes Campaign has introduced a fun, new Facebook contest that allows you to “Make a spectacle of yourself”! The contest is a part of Think About Your Eyes campaigns ongoing efforts to promote eye health awareness. The contest is encouraging people everywhere to protect their eyes with proper eyewear that blocks 100% of UV rays and show off their eyewear by submitting a photo. The Best Part? Four winners will each WIN a $400 gift card and the winning photos will be featured as profile images on the Think About Your Eyes Facebook page.
Entering is Easy. Simply visit the Think About Your Eyes Facebook page and click on the contest tab. Upload your photo and you’re entered to win! This contest ends on July 10, 2011, so get those entries in now!
Why Should you Care about your Vision?
– According to the Vision Council of America, one in four children has a vision problem that can interfere with learning and behavior.
– 80 percent of what we learn is through our eyes, yet 85 percent of America’s pre-schoolers haven’t received a vision exam by age five.
– A pre-kindergarten exam is a must. Don’t assume school offered screenings are enough.
– Studies show that 60 percent of students identified as problem learners have undetected vision troubles.
– 25 percent of all school children in the U.S. have a vision problem significant enough to affect learning.
– 70 percent of juvenile delinquents have uncorrected vision problems.
“Deal”ectable Mommies wants to support the Think About Your Eyes campaign and encourage our readers to get a yearly eye exam and take note of their eye health! So we are giving one lucky “Deal”ectable Mommies reader the opportunity to WIN a $25 Visa Gift Card to get an eye exam, purchase some new specs, or use it for anything else you can think of!
How to Enter: It’s simple! Leave a comment below telling me if you get a yearly eye exam or if you are currently in need of one.
Extra Entries: Please Note that the initial entry must be completed before any extra entries will count!
1. “Like” Think About Your Eyes on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall letting them know that “Deal”ectable Mommies sent you!
2. Fan “Deal”ectable Mommies on Facebook (FB fans have access to exclusive deals)
3. Follow “Deal”ectable Mommies on Twitter and tweet the following (daily entry allowed):
Enter to #WIN a $25 Visa Gift Card from @dealectiblemom and Think About Your Eyes http://bit.ly/mtKhEW
4. Subscribe to my feed or emails (located on the right hand sidebar).
The boring stuff: Contest open to US residents only. Giveaway ends on July 10th at midnight! Winner will be chosen at random.
This post and reader giveaway is sponsored by the Think About Your Eyes campaign and I received a gift card for posting.