In an earlier post I shared a tid bit of Disney’s World of Color Premiere and the star studded “blue“ carpet that preceded the show! The show itself is truly stunning, an artistic display of Disney’s best moments, past and present. The 26 minute show boasts an amazing 1200 powerful and programmable fountains that shoot water 200 feet high, 36 fire cannons, 79, 241 musical notes, more than 100,00 images and the the accompanying soundtrack features 100+ musicians and a choir of 100+ voices! How’s that for a mouthful?
The show itself combines the creativity of Disney’s amazing Imagineers and has set out to inspire a colorful and animated change to Disney’s California Adventure Park! The show is moving, inspiring, stunning and takes beauty to a whole new level.
In this post I want to highlight how you can score the BEST seat for the show and some special savings for both Southern California residents and non Southern California residents!
Enjoy the Best Seat for the Show
– FastPass tickets are available for World of Color each morning at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals! Simply insert your park ticket into the terminal and you’ll be given a FASTPASS ticket for reserved viewing at that 3evening’s World of Color! It is important that you grab your FASTPASS tickets early as there is a limited number of FASTPASS tickets available for each show!
– Order a World of Color Picnic Meal that includes a boxed picnic meal and you’ll receive a reserved spot for World of Color! You can purchase picnic meals online at www.disneyland.com or in person at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. Available meals include the All American, The Taste of Asia, The European Antipasto and the Mediterranean Vegetarian. There’s also options for children ages 3-9 that include The Junior All American, The Lunchbox Classic and the Little Squirts Box.
– Dine and enjoy the show as you enjoy Preferred Viewing at both the newly redesigned Wine Country Trattoria and Ariel’s Grotto restaurants. Reservations are Recommended and can be made by calling (714) 781-DINE.
Special Savings for Southern California and Northern Baja Residents
– Disney has recently announced a Summer Pass that is sure to be the hottest deal they have offered to date! Southern California and Northern Baja residents can now purchase a Summer Pass that will allow 3 park visits for just $36! The Summer Pass is good for both Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park (one park per day) within a 45-day period for residents residing in zip codes 90000 through 93599, and 21000 – 22999. For $108, or $36 per visit, guests will enjoy three fun-filled summer days and nights at the Disneyland Resort. For an additional $21, local residents can upgrade their Summer Pass to a Summer Pass Plus, a 3-day Park Hopper ticket that allows guests to visit both parks on the same day. This exclusive offer is available for use June 11 to Aug. 29. Tickets are blocked out from July 2-July 4, 2010, and Aug. 22-Aug. 23, 2010. More information can be found at www.disneyland.com/summer.
Special Savings for ALL travelers
– Through September 1st, all travelers will have the opportunity to save up to 40% off at all three Disneyland Resort hotel properties (a mimimum two night stay is required)!
– Guests looking for a complete package at the Disneyland Resort will be able to receive 5 nights of hotel accommodations at any of the Disneyland Resort Hotel properties and five days of admission for the price of 3! Offer is valid for bookings from 3/16/10 through 9/1/10 and for arrivals from 5/1/10 through 9/26/10 with travel being completed by 10/1/10.
The Disney experience has never been more affordable and now is the time to book your trip! Stay tuned for upcoming posts on Disney’s all new cruise ship, the Disney Dream and highlights from my stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for my time in writing this post, however Disney provided me with a free nights stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and admission to the parks. My thoughts and opinions remain my own!