Don’t you just LOVE baby showers? The cake, the decorations, the poopy diaper game! I’ve been to my fair share of baby showers and each and everyone one of them have been a wonderful celebration of the new life to come! If your planning a baby shower for yourself or a friend, then you certainly know that making a baby shower unique is tough! So below you’ll find 10 tips for planning a unique baby shower!
1. Think outside the box! The poopy diaper game has been played like…um…a million times! Brainstorm with some friends or head to your trusty google search engine and drum up some new game ideas for the big day!
2. Get Crafty! The last baby shower I planned was for a dear friend of mine and rather than going with the same ol’ paper invitations, I decided to add a little extra zing. I still used paper invitations, however I tucked them neatly inside clear plastic, mailable tubes and sprinkled confetti and tiny plastic bottles and shoes inside! They were fabulous!
3. Throw away the cake idea! The cake’s been done over and over again, with cute little booties and well wishes. Yea..we’re over it! How about coming up with a cupcake sculpture or tiny gift baskets with specialty cookies or treats inside?
4. Ask your guests to each bring a picture of themselves as a baby. Pass them around during the party and get conversations started. The mother-to-be will hear about funny stories from others childhood, while gaining some great advice at the same time.
5. Order customized shirts for all of your guests! With so many online sites offering custom shirts for as little as $3, it’s more affordable then ever to customize your party with t-shirts that display phrases such as “Team “Insert first or last name here”! This idea will certainly make for unique pictures and a memory that will last a lifetime!
6. Get your guests involved! Plan a craft or activity for the entire party, such as making “shower themed” cookies or cupcakes. These can double as your dessert and everyone will have a great time!
7. Another fun idea for favors is to take small water bottles, tye ribbon around the top and create custom labels with date and guest of honor’s information. It’s a cute idea and they’ll be able to quench their thirst at will!
8. Rent a stork! Yes you read that right…many “stork” business have began popping up all over the US where you can rent a giant wooden stork that can be placed in the front yard, letting your guests know that they have arrived at the right place.
9. How about a couples party? I have yet to throw a couples party yet, however many people are throwing joint showers where women and their husbands attend. This can also create a relaxed atmosphere where a BBQ could be the staple of the party and it’ll keep your costs down at the same time.
10. Have a book drive! We all know how important reading is. Consider creating a book drive and asking your guests to bring a new or used book to begin baby’s library!
For unique baby shower invitations check out Tiny Prints. With so many amazing designs, it’s nearly impossible to pick just one!
Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints blogging program, making me eligible to get a Tiny Prints gift code worth $50, plus 25 FREE Tiny Prints greeting cards—a total gift value of $149.75! For more information on how you can participate, click here.