We post a lot of deals around here, however as a blogger and a mom who is actively involved in social media, I feel that both bloggers and readers alike, are much like a little community. I want to open up more of a dialogue with you, and I thought it would be fun to kick it off with 5 very strange things you never knew about me! Many of these “things” you will be surprised by, but I hope it gives you a little window into my strange, but lovely world.
1. Nearly every person in my family owns their own business. I come from an entire family (on both sides) of entrepreneurs and self starters. My fondest memories of childhood are at my grandfathers farm equipment business where my brother and I would build random things out of washers, nuts, and bolts. Just across the street was shop filled with conveyor belts, bins full of potatoes and the coolest picking system you have ever laid eyes on. I didn’t know how to work any of it, nor did I have any interest to, however the loud sounds of large equipment still bring me peaceful and comforting feeling. I also learned how to run Quickbooks by the time I was 10, and found happiness knowing that I could perform tasks like print and apply, and manage the billing for an entire company at such a young age.
2. I am licensed to annihilate bugs and rodents, in more ways than one! I currently hold a Structural Pest Control license and worked as a field representative for a few years before having children. I also currently hold a QAL license, which means that I am qualified and licensed to apply or supervise the application of federally restricted pesticides. This also means that I can supervise a pest control business and ensure safe and legal operation. I know, that’s weird right?
3. I lived on a boat in the Los Angeles harbor for a year. Yes, a boat! This was right before I hit my 20’s and obviously before I had children. Living space was tight, but the gentle rocking of the boat put me to sleep every night, and I went fishing every.single.day. I often went diving near Catalina Island, and listened to Jimmy Buffet, while having a few cold ones and shooting the breeze with local fisherman. It was really a stepping stone for finding myself, and next to having my children and getting married, it was one of the best times of my life. I wouldn’t trade my experience for anything in the world.
4. I wanted to be a doctor. Then, a nurse. Then a Phlebotomist. Next week I may want to be a world traveler or attempt to clone She-ra. It’s no secret to those who know me, that my mind changes multiple times a day, and each time it’s a drastic change. I want to do everything, try everything, and I hope that as I grow older, I can look back and be proud of all of the strange, and sometimes spontaneous things I have tried.
5. I have a serious stroller obsession. There’s “liking” strollers, or even “loving” strollers, and then there’s me! When most mom’s are checking out that cute bag that the other moms is carrying, or that cute pair of Pediped’s that sweet little girl is sporting, I’m attempting to hover and chase after parents who are pushing a new stroller that I haven’t seen! I have been known to stop people and grill them about their stroller, and I want to play with all of them. When Lil’ Pea was an infant, I used to go inside the local boutique here just to play with strollers. Shhhhhh don’t tell anyone!
Well how was that for strange? Every member of my family works for themselves (including me), I’m a licensed annihilator, I lived on a boat, I want to be She-ra, and I have a serious stroller obsession.
What about you? I unloaded the goods, now it’s your turn!