Random Rants

My Purse Was Stolen: A Note to Mr. Thief!

FacebookTwitterPinterestAmazon Wish ListShare

Dear Mr. Thief (who is much more boring than I hoped for),

Stealing is wrong, and you took my purse. That is the most personal item a woman owns, and you took it! We have 24 hour patrol in the neighborhood that we live in, and I have to admit you were very brave to take it from my car, that was parked in MY garage. However, I thought that thieves were supposed to be a little more creative. You charged 11 transactions of GAS to my credit cards. How about a gold watch or a diamond ring, Mr. Thief? Gas? Gas? I mean, I know gas prices are high, but you should be having more fun with your make believe my money! Go buy an Ipad or a hundred cartons of cigarettes to send yourself when you eventually get caught for doing this to other people, and your incarcerated for what I hope is a very long time!

I have had to change, shutdown, close and re-open every account that I have, and spend hours in line at DMV getting a new drivers license. I had to file a fraud alert with all of the credit bureau’s, and make around 30 phone calls. You even took my beloved purse, with the cute little matching wallet that my husband bought me as a Birthday present. Those are all just minor things, however. Your biggest offense was that you made my 3-year old miss her dance class! It is her favorite day of the week, and. YOU. ruined. it!

Please know that you did not hurt me, nor did you hurt my accounts, or even my money. But you did hurt a 3 year old, who thankfully is oblivious to the fact that there are people like you that live among us.

C’mon, really…gas? How boring!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply megan brousseau April 1, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I’m sorry:( That REALLY sucks! It’s the viotation thing. And, i leave my purse in the car all the time too. It is so sad and scary that he was in your garage!! I wanted to cry when you said he made you’re daughter miss dance:( My three year old girl does ballet on Thursdays and she LIVES for Thursdays! I am sooo sorry!

• Reply Tamara B. April 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I am so sorry you had to go through all of this! I would want to kill that person! Hopefully you will have a better weekend :)

• Reply Cassanrda April 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Too bad that thief ripped off such a nice lady, I would be hunting him down like the dog he is and not even saying any of these nice things. You are my hero for today! Thanks for taking the high road. Your 3 year old has an amazing and wonderful mom!

• Reply Nichol April 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

How horrible…..I do not understand that. I hope they catch the person who took this, and he is locked up. I’m sorry your baby had to miss dance…hugs mama.
    Nichol´s last blog post ..Melissa &amp Doug Shape Sorting Clock Review &amp Giveaway

• Reply kevin linkie April 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Aw crap sorry to hear unfortunately there are jackasses in the world. Luck be with you and hope you find some positive somewhere in this unfortunate incident.

• Reply Karen R April 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I’m sorry that happened to you. Bummer!

• Reply Carli April 1, 2011 at 6:53 pm

How horrible! I’m so sorry that this happened to you…and I’m sorry that your little one missed her dance class.

I keep my purse in the car in the garage all the time. I rarely take it out, maybe I should rethink this. Or if your theif is reading this maybe he knows where to get some more gas.
    Carli´s last blog post ..What Does It Mean to be Green

• Reply Mama B April 3, 2011 at 8:53 am

OH NO! I am so sorry :( I’ve had my purse stolen before, it sucks! What a jerk. I hope they catch whoever took it.

And I agree, gas?! How lame.
    Mama B´s last blog post ..I’m Starting a Garden!

• Reply Kendra October 22, 2011 at 4:03 pm

way late on this reply, but just came across your post…
    first off, so sorry that happened! some people really suck. the world is not honest. of course I wish it weren’t that way, but we have to assume the worst :(
    have a little thing that can help you avoid some of this in future, though, so wanted to share. have had other crime victims write me and say how much they appreciate what I’m doing so that makes me feel good :)
    It’s called portapocket and it’s an alt way of carrying valuables around so you don’t have to be at risk with things being apart from your person. love to be of help in future. blessings to you. — Kendra (www.portapocket.com)